I want to apply for a Partner Visa but I haven’t been living with my (Australian) partner for 12 months yet. What can I do?

Depending on your circumstances, you may still be able to apply and you can also register your civil partnership depending on where you live.  What’s most important is demonstrating that you and your partner are in a genuine and ongoing (de facto or spousal) relationship.  This means providing evidence to demonstrate you share financial matters, household and domestic responsibilities, the social elements of your relationship, and that you are committed to a long-term relationship with each other.  The exact evidence to be provided will vary as each relationship is unique, and we can work with you to identify the best way to strengthen your visa application.

“The content of this publication is for reference purposes only. It is current at the date of publication. This content does not constitute legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. Legal advice about your specific circumstances should always be obtained before taking any action based on this publication.”
For the latest publications and updates, click on the link below.
Scroll to Top

Book a consultation