Juanita is an experienced and commercial lawyer, with expertise in sports law and a background in commercial law and succession law.
Having started her legal career in 1997, Juanita went on to hold various corporate roles before returning to the legal industry in 2009.
Juanita has always had a particular interest and passion for sports law, having held the role of CEO at a National Basketball League Club for several years, including going on to take a position on the board. She combines her extensive practical experience with her unique knowledge of sporting organisations to help her clients.
Juanita advises clients in the sports and events industry on commercial agreements, governance and constitutions, contracts and disputes, disciplinary issues and complaints handling, and tribunal hearings and appeals
Juanita sits on the Queensland Racing Appeals Panel and furthering her commitment to the sports industry, also currently serves on the South East Qld Rugby League Council and as Chairperson of the AFL Qld Appeals Tribunal. She is a member of the Australian + NZ Sports Law Association and the National Sports Tribunal Legal Assistance Panel and has guest lectured at the University of Queensland in sports law.
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Queensland (1994)
- Bachelor of Commerce, University of Queensland (1992)
- Graduate, Australian Institute of Company Directors (Company Director’s Course)
- Doyle’s Guide
Recommended Wills & Estates Litigation Lawyers, Queensland [2018-2021]
- Australia and New Zealand Sports Law Association (ANZSLA) – Member
- National Sports Tribunal Legal Assistance Panel – Member
- Queensland Racing Appeals Panel – Member
- Director, Stadiums Queensland
- Queensland Rugby League – South East Region Council – Member
- Chair, AFL Queensland Disciplinary Appeals Tribunal
- Guest Lecturer, University of Queensland, Sports Law – Disciplinary Tribunals and Arbitration (Nov. 2018)
- Member, Industry Advisory Board, University of Queensland Business School – Trusts, Ethics & Governance Alliance (TEGA)